Senior VFX Artist
Omeda Studios are a remote-first game studio working on our first title Predecessor, a fast-paced third-person MOBA for PC and consoles, due for release in 2022. Join a rapidly growing game studio as we scale up to support and deliver content for a game designed to be played for years to come.
As a studio founded by the community, developing games that players will love is truly at the heart of what we do. At Omeda Studios, we believe that community feedback is integral to the development of games that players will not want to put down.
Having recently closed a $20m Series A funding round, we've populated the studio with an exciting mix of industry veterans and community talent and we want you to be part of shaping and executing our vision and the challenges that await us.
In This Role You Will
- Design and implement high-quality AAA VFX to support gameplay and art direction
- Create and optimize VFX to run within performance limitations
- Work closely with art, animation, design, and programming team to anticipate and solve challenges within given constraints and visual requirements
- Translate references, concept art, game design briefs, and verbal directions into prototypes and implement real-time VFX in-game
What We're Looking For
- Mid to senior-level of professional VFX experience in the game industry
- Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed real-time FX work
- Minimum of one shipped title within the game industry
- A critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real-world objects and visual FX
- Ability to create all art needed for the FX from prototype to final FX
- Desire and knowledge of how to push our effects, editing tools, and pipeline further
- Familiarity with the Unreal 4 Engine art pipeline
- A creative and collaborative spirit
- Experience with scripting in Blueprint, Python, etc is a plus
Nice to Have
- Previous experience working with Houdini and Niagara
- Abilities in secondary areas such as modelling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Experience working with multiple platforms and memory limitations
- Experience with real-time networked multiplayer games
- Passionate about MOBAs
- Global, remote team
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- EMI Stock Options
- More to come!
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
About Omeda Studios
We are a UK-based full remote video game studio developing Predecessor, a Third Person Action MOBA for PC and Console.
Senior VFX Artist
Loading application form
Already working at Omeda Studios?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.