Omeda Studios are a remote-first game studio working on our first title Predecessor, a fast-paced third-person MOBA for PC and consoles, due for release in 2022. Join a rapidly growing game studio as we scale up to support and deliver content for a game designed to be played for years to come.
As a studio founded by the community, developing games that players will love is truly at the heart of what we do. At Omeda Studios, we believe that community feedback is integral to the development of games that players will not want to put down.
Having recently closed a $20m Series A funding round, we've populated the studio with an exciting mix of industry veterans and community talent and we want you to be a part of shaping and executing our vision and the challenges that await us.
In This Role You Will
- Help build, grow and support the game engineering teams with the help of HR and studio leadership
- Adopt a servant leadership model; enabling and empowering the teams you lead to perform at their best by putting people first
- Be responsible for the technical vision for Predecessor, and help develop and execute on the development strategy for the game
- Use your extensive knowledge of UE4 to support and guide the game engineering teams into making the best technical decisions
- Balance development speed with quality of delivery, ensuring gameplay performance and quality are delivered at the highest standard whilst using your technical experience to enable pragmatic decision-making
- Help define and continuously review technical roadmaps related to the development of Predecessor
- Proactively manage and communicate technical risk and mitigations for the development and continuous delivery of Predecessor as a live game
- Be hands on as necessary, writing high quality code in order to set the best possible example to other engineers
- Contribute ideas towards all aspects of game development within the team
What We're Looking For
Multiple years proven experience developing AAA pc/console games in various stages of development lifecycle in a leadership position
- Extensive knowledge of UE4 for client/server multiplayer games
- Experience architecting and implementing major gameplay systems within UE4
- Experience leading, managing and growing teams within a game development studio
- Great communication skills, and the ability to explain your ideas to both technical and non-technical people
Nice to Have
- Global, remote team
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- EMI Stock Options
- More to come!