Omeda Studios are a remote-first game studio working on our first title Predecessor, a fast-paced third-person MOBA for PC and consoles, due for release in 2022. Join a rapidly growing game studio as we scale up to support and deliver content for a game designed to be played for years to come.
As a studio founded by the community, developing games that players will love is truly at the heart of what we do. At Omeda Studios, we believe that community feedback is integral to the development of games that players will not want to put down.
Having recently closed a $20m Series A funding round, we've populated the studio with an exciting mix of industry veterans and community talent and we want you to be a part of shaping and executing our vision and the challenges that await us.
In This Role You Will
- Take ownership and design, prototype, and implement core gameplay UI, HUD, and game menus that are attractive, intuitive, and ergonomic within a multiplatform universe
- Work closely with Game Designers, Tech Artists, and Engineers to craft an experience that delivers on player aspirations and facilitates deep immersive gameplay
- Build a deep understanding of competitors in the market to inform designs that will meet player expectations and create a best-in-class experience
- Contribute, innovate, and develop original ideas on all aspects of the game
What We're Looking For
- An experienced UI Designer that worked on implementing UI widgets and features in Unreal or similar game engines
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback when interacting with other team members, keeping the focus on making the best game possible
- Strong expertise in design fundamentals and UI/UX design trends
- Good knowledge of the pipeline for motion design, UI animation, and VFX
- A strong portfolio showcasing your design projects and UI samples
- Technical knowledge of UE4/5, UMG and Common UI is a plus
Nice to Have
- Experience designing UI for cross-platform is a plus (PC/Console)
- Interest and understanding of F2P/GaaS
- A passion for Games and MOBAs
- Global, remote team
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- EMI Stock Options
- More to come!