Omeda Studios are a remote-first game studio working on our first title Predecessor, a fast-paced third-person MOBA for PC and consoles, due for release in 2022. Join a rapidly growing game studio as we scale up to support and deliver content for a game designed to be played for years to come.
As a studio founded by the community, developing games that players will love is truly at the heart of what we do. At Omeda Studios, we believe that community feedback is integral to the development of games that players will not want to put down.
Having recently closed a $20m Series A funding round, we've populated the studio with an exciting mix of industry veterans and community talent and we want you to be a part of shaping and executing our vision and the challenges that await us.
We need an experienced Lead Character Artist that will help us to build and grow a team of talented character artists and drive the quality and vision for new characters and skins that are developed in-house and with outsourcing partners.
In This Role You Will
- Lead and mentor a team of artists, ensuring that each has clear, concrete tasks, goals, and regular constructive feedback
- Create realistic high-resolution characters, setting the bar by providing benchmarks and leading by example
- Work closely with production and other department leads to identify issues, create milestone roadmaps, and continuously improve communication
- Set budgets and document workflows, empowering other artists to deliver inspiring character assets
- Review outsourced art assets, provide feedback, and facilitate the smooth movement of art assets
What We're Looking For
- 2+ Years of experience in a similar position, with at least 1 shipped title under your belt
- Expert knowledge of character creation software (e.g. Zbrush, Substance, Maya, etc)
- Strong demo reel/portfolio showing realistic-style game-ready assets
- Knowledge of PBR texture/material workflows
- Capable of meeting schedules and committing to delivery dates, as well as helping the team to achieve milestone goals
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to work cross-departmentally to deliver remarkable character assets
- Hands-on experience with Unreal Engine 4/5
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of FACS based facial blendshape creation
- Knowledge of real-time UE4/5 shaders
- Knowledge of scanning pipeline
- Passionate about MOBAs
- Global, remote team
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- EMI Stock Options
- More to come!